To participate in the WRFSC (Wisconsin Rapids Figure Skating Club) Ice Show:
1. You must be a current member of the WRFSC or Winter LTS program to be eligible to participate in the WRFSC ice show.
2. You must be in good standing with the WRFSC, which is defined as: all prior ice contracts, ice show fees, LTS fees, and coaching fees must be paid in full and have no athletic code of conduct violations.
3. Silver and gold level skaters must skate two or more times per week at the WRFSC rink and receive at least one lesson with a WRFSC coach per week for Fall and Winter.
4. You must be able to attend all practices and ice show performances - only one practice may be missed and it will need to be reported to the show director and designated coach(es) prior to the absence.
5. Skaters have the option to participate in all numbers designated by the show director/committee.
6. To qualify for a specialty number or solo you must have completed the LTS program through Freestyle 6.
To qualify for a solo:
1. All skaters performing a solo must have been an active WRFSC member for the previous 2 consecutive years and meet all the requirements above.
2. All skaters who have passed both their Juvenile Moves and Juvenile Free Skate may qualify for a solo if they have met all the guideline requirements stated above. Preference for solos will be given to seniors as qualified in #3 below.
3. To qualify for a high school senior solo, a skater must have met the guidelines in #2 above and have been a member of the club for at least 1 year. Those not qualifying for a senior solo as seniors will be given a senior feature in another number.
4. The top skaters will be given solos depending on the WRFSC Free Skate and Moves point system.
Special circumstances may occur in any given year and will be at the discretion of the WRFSC Board of Directors to modify policies and criteria for skaters participating in the WRFSC Ice Show, if deemed necessary.
SHOW GUIDELINES, SKATING LEVELS
Aspire: Skaters who are in club and/or Aspire who have not passed PreFS. (Basic 3 through PreFS)
Bronze Club: Skaters who have passed PreFS and are in the club.
Silver Club: Skaters need to have passed BOTH their Preliminary Moves and Preliminary Free Skate
Gold Club: Skaters need to have passed BOTH their Juvenile Moves and Juvenile Free Skate
WRFSC Ice Show Dance Guidelines
In order to be eligible to skate in a dance number in the ice show skaters must be current members of the WRFSC. LTS Dance ONLY students are NOT eligible. Dance levels are as followed:
Bronze: Preliminary through Pre Bronze
Silver: Bronze through Pre Silver
Gold: Silver and Above
Beginning dance students must have passed one dance test, not an entire level, to be eligible.
Skaters must be *ACTIVELY working with a coach on dance lessons. *ACTIVELY is defined as two dance lessons per month
Skaters must have attempted a minimum of one dance test in the past year. Past Year is defined as November 20, 2020 through November 20, 2021.
After the first passed dance test, test results of pass/retry are irrelevant.
Skaters must meet these guidelines each year to be eligible for the ice show dance numbers. Being in a previous ice show dance number does not guarantee or grandfather any skater into a dance number.
The show committee has the final decision on the ice show dance numbers and the discretion to modify policies and criteria as they deem necessary.
REVISED August 2022